- FAQ Mairie de Chamonix Facebook
- Mountain activities (hiking / skiing, mountaineering, climbing, paragliding, trail …) and travel to practice sites are strictly prohibited.
CORONAVIRUS RISK MANAGEMENT: NEWSLETTER MARCH 17, 2020
Following the new measures announced on March 16 by the President of the Republic and the Minister of the Interior, here are the adaptations under way in Chamonix and in the valley:
– The main measure taken is the restriction to the strict minimum of travel, which has applied since midday.
Strict compliance with the containment measures imposed to curb the spread of the epidemic should be observed by all, permanent and secondary residents. This also implies the prohibition of “risky” sporting practices, that is to say those which could lead to reckless recourse to the rescue and health services.
– In this context, a new adaptation of local public transport is being carried out; rail service in the valley reduced to 2 trains in the morning and two trains in the evening (per direction); Cham Bus service is also reduced;
– Adaptation of local public services: waste management.
The Closy recycling center is closed;
That of Bocher is kept open for professionals whose activity is authorized; they must call 06 22 04 54 54, an appointment will be fixed according to the nature of the deposits. Everyone is also reminded to respect the instructions prohibiting deposits at the feet of moloks as well as wild deposits which are subject to strong sanctions.
– Closure this evening of the Chamonix emergency department decided by the Mont Blanc Hospitals (HPMB) to allow a redeployment of staff and the differentiation of patient flows .
Implementation of a coronavirus info service – / 04 50 54 67 50 – responsible for relaying directives and application measures at local level and answering all questions related to the coronavirus risk that the inhabitants of the valley would have to ask themselves.
Here is the latest update on the coronavirus in Chamonix Mont Blanc: SKI AREAS CLOSED AS OF MARCH 15
14/03/2020 – 21h50 :
- Communiqué issued by Compagnie du Mont Blanc
Dear Clients & Partners,
Following the announcements made by the Prime Minister this evening, please be informed that the Compagnie du Mont-Blanc is obliged to close all its ski areas, tourist sites & mountain restaurants as of tomorrow morning, Sunday 15th March 2020 until further notice. Our teams will be using the lifts to access the buildings & installations in order to secure the sites.
Thank you for your understanding.
This total shutdown of our installations is the result of the new series measures imposed to contain the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus.
Please feel free to contact us for any further information.